My photo
There once was a boy who fell in love with a girl. They were married in a beautiful castle. They have been blessed with two beautiful princesses, and this is their fairytale...

12.23.2010

The Lights

For Family Home Evening we went to see the lights at Temple Square. I love this time of year and this is one of the traditions we have to keep. I am so excited that Elena is old enough to understand the reason that we celebrate Christmas is to remember the birth of Christ. Of course she is still so excited for Santa but while we were at Temple Square I was able to realize how much she really knew and understood about the birth of the Savior. I'm a proud momma!
(my photoshop knowledge isn't advanced enough to fix a poorly taken picture...so this is the pic you get:)



We had a fun Christmas party at my parents last weekend kicking it off with a birthday party for my dad. He turned 50! Not all of my sisters could be there and we missed them but we still had a good time with yummy food and great company!

A few quick family shots before opening presents.

Josh, Jess, and Kaden




The Nearly Empty Nesters-- Mom, Dad, and Dallen



Every year my hometown puts on a live Nativity. It is so neat because it takes place outside of town on a farm. They have Ceasar Agustus, Taxpayers, Merchants, Inns with the Innkeeper, Wisemen, Shepherds, and live animals. And of course a real little baby representing the Baby Jesus in a tiny stall. This year my dad was a Shepherd. It was fun to take the kids out and show them what it was really like that special night.

No comments:

Post a Comment