My photo
There once was a boy who fell in love with a girl. They were married in a beautiful castle. They have been blessed with two beautiful princesses, and this is their fairytale...

3.12.2011

Thankful

This is just another ramling post of feelings I need to express, so if you don't like to read the mushy...don't continue. Sometimes it takes not only our own trials but the observation of others during theirs to help us realize what's truly important in our lives. As we experienced one of the final blizzards of the season last week it brought with it a terrible tradgedy in our community. A young couple in our ward were hit in a head-on collision just outside our neighborhood, killing the husband. He was only 28. They had just started coming to church so not many of us personally knew them. But the ward was still completely affected. As I participated in his funeral service today, it made me realize how grateful I am for the gospel and the knowledge that families can be together forever. I can't imagine the heartbreak and sorrow his family is suffering through right now. Our Bishop, in his closing remarks, commented on a few of the things this young man did in his final week of his life that were actually preparing for this tradgedy. He obviously didn't realize why he was doing these things, just that he knew he should...which in turn helped ease the burden of his family. I believe Heavenly Father puts us all in certain places for reasons we don't understand but I know there are people we are meant to meet, help, and learn from. I'm so greatful for all of my close friends and neighbors who I feel I can count on in any time of need. I cannot express my gratitude for my wonderful husband and all that he does for me. My beautiful daughters are my whole world and I cannot imagine my life without them. I know that when the time comes for me or any member of my family to move on that it will only be a temporary seperation. However difficult the situation might be, I find comfort in the knowledge of being sealed to them for eternity. I'm so grateful for the life I have been given, the people who I have been blessed to share it with, and for the gospel and all the comfort and happiness it gives. May we all try to live our life to the fullest, giving service to others, and doing the things the Lord would want us to use our talents and abilities and the precious life He's given us for.

No comments:

Post a Comment