My photo
There once was a boy who fell in love with a girl. They were married in a beautiful castle. They have been blessed with two beautiful princesses, and this is their fairytale...

1.16.2012

A New Year, with New Resolutions!!!

I'm so grateful for the New Year. A chance to start fresh and to set goals to becoming a better person, perfecting our family life, and just taking the chance to always improve, making the new year better than the last one. I'll admit, this past year had it's ups and downs. But I'm always excited for this time of year to reflect on my blessings and to look forward to the future. I usually set a few goals each year but never usually write them down. This year I've decided to post a few, though not all for some are very personal...as they should be.
~I really want to do better at holding regular FHE. My children are so smart and I want to take advantage of this time to really enrich their knowledge of the gospel and the importance of Christ and His gospel in our lives, as well as use this time to really spend some good quality time together as a family.
~Organize, Organize, Organize!!! Enough said.
~ Work harder on having and using our yearly food storage. My parents are always so great to give us cool gadgets or unique and important things to have in our storage. Now I just need to get it all together and make sure we're completely prepared with what we need. I can't imaging coming upon some sort of disaster where my children would suffer because of my inadequate planning and procrastination. And, like I said, get it organized!
Well that should be a good enough start for now. Along with others I'm working on. I feel making resolutions is a great way for us to see how we can improve our lives. I know this new year is going to be great, 'cause we're going to make it AMAZING!!!!

3 comments:

  1. We need to totally support each other on our goals this year because we have a lot of the same goals. We finally had our first FHE of the year tonight and all I could think was "no wonder we don't do this more"... it had it's good moments too and hopefully the kids will get better at it. You're amazing Kara and I look up to you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kara - I just saw your blog link on Meghann's. Why I didn't know that before I have no idea! But I'll keep you on my reader now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! So sorry I took so long to respond, I'm not used to getting comments so I just saw yours. I actually got that shirt at an expo center in Vegas during the NFR in December but the brand is called Zenana Outfitters and I know that brand is sold in the Orem mall, I think at like Head Over Hills or something. Sorry that's not very helpful :( I think you can go online too. It was a random find so I got 3 of them. Good luck I hope you find them!

    ReplyDelete